Monday, December 28, 2009

A good movie: The Nativity Story (2006)

I saw this movie just before Christmas an I enjoyed it. What really struc me was the portrayal of St. Joseph. In most nativity movies I have seen he is sort of just "there". In this movie he fulfills the traditional role as his family's provider and protector. He brushes off some pick-pockets, for instance. To be honest, I never thought of St. Joseph as a shrewd and capable protector, though I did always think of him as a protector.

Also very interesting is the protrayal of Mary and Joseph's relationship. While not portrayed as a romance, there is some affection and an emotional bond between the two.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why couldn't You just write something to the extent of "Here I blog. I can do no other. God help me! Amen" as your blog-subtitle or description?

-- Lucian.

Post a Comment